The Bitter Suite – Paul Grabowsky Sextet
The Bitter Suite is Paul's new jazz recording, out now on ABC Jazz. There are nine pieces for jazz sextet in the suite, including an arrangement of a piano piece by Alexander Scriabin, a visionary, eccentric Russian composer who died in 1915. The pieces are a response to music Paul wrote more than 20 years ago for the albums ‘Tee-Vee’ (1992) and ‘Viva Viva’ (1993) and mark a new direction for him in terms of ensemble writing.
Hello, and welcome to my website. This is a place where you will be able to find information about my activities, past and present. For ease of navigation, I’ve broken things down into various different categories. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for. Thanks for visiting, and please be sure to join my mailing list if you wish to be kept in the loop via updates and my e-newsletter.
Sign up for news updates
- 04/Aug/14 Young Wagiluk Group/ Australian Art Orchestra in Yirrkala, NT at Garma Festival
- 08/Aug/14 - 09/Aug/14 Paul Grabowsky Sextet in Perth, WA at Ellington Jazz Club
- 17/Aug/14 Paul Grabowsky Trio in Melbourne, Vic at Uptown Jazz Cafe
- 24/Aug/14 Paul Grabowsky Trio in Melbourne, Vic at Uptown Jazz Cafe
- 30/Aug/14 Paul Grabowsky Solo in Ballarat, Vic at Ballarat Festival of Slow Music